Site's Cool Features Include A Barkley & Friends Itinerary, Slideshow, Videos, Related Happenings & More
( BLACK PR WIRE) PHILADELPHIA, October 16, 2009 – Barkley Hendricks’ fans coming to Philadelphia for the hometown art legend’s first major career retrospective, Barkley L. Hendricks: Birth of the Cool, can plan their trip at gophila.com/philly360, where they’ll find exhibition details, a Barkley and Friends tour of Philadelphia, a photo slideshow, videos, hotel package offers and more. The exhibition is on view at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (PAFA) through January 3.
Here’s a look at some of the cool features found on the Barkley Hendricks page of gophila.com/philly360:
• Exhibition Details: Runs down the who, what, when and where and gives exhibition highlights and information about special programming at PAFA
• Art Works Slideshow: Previews nine of the works that appear in the exhibition
• Videos: Focuses on how Hendricks and his artist friends (Richard Watson, Mo Brooker and others) influenced Philly’s contemporary arts; the other focuses on Hendricks, his wife and art historians as they give their perspectives on the show
• Barkley and Friends Itinerary: A two-day itinerary of Barkley and his artist friends’ favorite spots in Philly, including the Philadelphia Museum of Art, The African American Museum in Philadelphia, Fuji Mountain restaurant, the Kimmel Center for Performing Arts and more
• Related Happenings: The scoop on other happenings in town that might be of interest to Barkley fans, such as a Richard Watson exhibit at ArtJaz Gallery, James Brantley, Sam Giliam and Charles Searles shows at the Sande Webster Gallery and the jazz series at the Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
• Philly Overnight Hotel Package: Two-night package with free hotel parking bookable right on the site
The Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) makes Philadelphia and The Countryside a premier destination through marketing and image building that increases business and promotes the region’s vitality.
For more information about travel to Philadelphia, visit gophila.com or uwishunu.com. Or, call the Independence Visitor Center, located in Historic Philadelphia, at (800) 537-7676.
Note to Editors: For high-resolution photos of Greater Philadelphia, visit the photo gallery of gophila.com/pressroom.