(Black PR Wire) For many, 2020 has been something else–to say the least. From COVID, to racial injustice, to the
The new year is the perfect time to introduce new dietary habits and foods that can detoxify your body. Especially since the majority of Americans gain more weight than any other point of the year during the fall and holiday seasons. However, your body needs more calories for essential functions in the colder winter months, so it is important that you maintain a healthy intake level with your new diet plans.
One great way to naturally detoxify your body without taking on a whole new diet is to incorporate healthier fresh ingredients into your everyday meals, replacing processed and manufactured ingredients. For example, replacing dry seasonings with fresh ingredients such as garlic, onions, cilantro, and more can help take both your meals and your health to the next levels. Below you can find seven healthy food options to incorporate into your diet in order to naturally begin reducing toxin levels in your body.
7 Foods Take Your Health to the next level in 2021:
1. Fresh garlic has been shown to have a variety of health benefits including boosting of your immune system due to its high levels of vitamin C and allicin. Allicin has also been shown to reduce inflammation as well as possess strong antioxidant properties.
2. Health benefits associated with consumption of fresh onions include lowering chances of certain types of cancer, boosting immunity with antioxidant-like properties, and even antimutagenic properties.
3. Cilantro is a popular herb for its fresh taste and bright color, however, it can help your body remove harmful heavy metals. Cilantro acts as a chelation agent meaning that it attaches to heavy metal particles in our bodies for excretion. Additionally, fresh cilantro can also help boost heart health, improve night vision and balance out blood sugar levels.
4. Increasing your intake of fresh greens, specifically bitter and sharp-tasting leafy vegetables such as watercress, mustard and dandelion greens. These
greens may not get the same level of notoriety as kale, collards and other more common varieties, however, they pack plenty of nutritional benefits from antioxidant properties to high levels of vitamins and minerals as well as detoxifying benefits.
5. Starting your day with fresh matcha tea instead of coffee could provide the morning boose you need to jump start your day and your health. Matcha, a member of the green tea family, and contains higher levels of cancer and diabetes-fighting chemicals, as well as heart-healthy properties, and caffeine to give you the energy you need to get your day underway.
6. Turmeric is a root plant in the ginger family that has been used in eastern culture and cuisine for thousands of years. The vividly colored spice is well known for its anti-inflammatory benefits but also has strong antioxidant and heart benefits as well. Try adding turmeric powder to your morning shakes, as a seasoning or even in with your ginger tea.
7. Another vegetable to add to your new year diet is fennel. Fennel, in the carrot family, is packed with nutritional substances such as vitamins C & B-6, folate, potassium, and other phytonutrients. Fennel has been noted to have digestive benefits, reducing constipation and improving overall digestive health.