Sonshine Communications ● Contact: Bernadette Morris
T: 305-948-8063 ● E: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Tuition-Free Online Course for Minority-Owned Businesses - Deadline to Apply is Sept. 20, 2021
(Black PR Wire) MIAMI – Now more than ever sharpening your business skillset is an important factor for survival. The U.S. Department of Commerce, Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) Business Center, operated in Florida by M. Gill & Associates, Inc. has partnered with Miami Dade College to help put your business skills on a fast track with the MBDA Capacity Building Certificate Program. This is an exceptional opportunity to get educated …. be elevated … and watch your business growth become accelerated!
“The MBDA Capacity Building Certificate Program is an exciting, new initiative, provided at no cost, to help eligible minority-owned businesses build management, financial and technological capacities, and attract exponential growth over the next five years,” said Marie R. Gill, Founder & CEO of M. Gill & Associates, Inc. M. Gill & Associates, Inc. has been awarded contracts by the MBDA to Operate the New Miami MBDA Business Center, the Florida MBDA Export Center, and the MBDA CARES Act Relief Program serving Florida, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
In today’s increasing competitive environment, the New Miami MBDA Business Center that is now operated by M. Gill & Associates, Inc. is stepping forward to help Minority Businesses expand their scope, build resiliency, and be positioned to take advantage of public and private sector opportunities that are becoming available as our economy rebounds from the negative effects of COVID-19 and other natural disasters. The MBDA Capacity Building Certificate Program will be administered by a team or expert trainers at Miami Dade College and subject matter experts who will share their successful “How To” and “Can-Do” experiences, to deliver a mix of academic and practical solutions for minority business management and growth. “This is the best way for minority business enterprises to build their business skills and get on a fast track for business growth and success.”
The business training course consists of a nine (9) hour program which serves to help Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) gain first-hand skills and knowledge to enhance their business success. Business owners will gain experience in business management, financial capacity, technology and more!
The training program focuses on three key areas:
- Operational Efficiencies - The adoption of plans and practices that reduce costs, increase revenues, and enhance team development, as well as understanding aspects of risk management and liability.
- Financial Management – Developing financial acumen and securing new sources of capital, including both traditional and alternative financing, as well as investment financing.
- Emerging Technologies - Capitalizing on new technologies and equipment to increase scalability, business exposure and efficiency.
All business applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria for the MBDA Capacity Building Training Course:
- Businesses MUST be at least 51% owned by Ethnic Minorities (African Americans; Asian Americans; Hispanic Americans; Pacific Islanders; Hasidic Jews; Native Americans)
- Participants in this Course must be either the Business Owner, or a Designated Senior Executive
- Only one (1) participant per eligible business
- Business must be registered within the U.S., (Including Puerto Rico, and the U. S Virgin Islands)
- Owner MUST agree to participate in the entire 9-hour Capacity Building Course
- Owner MUST agree to register as an MBDA Client
- Owner MUST sign MBDA Client Engagement Form
- The Business MUST have already achieved some level of sales
The benefits of this Capacity Building Training Course are well worth the investment of time:
Graduates of the MBDA Capacity Building Certificate Program will receive:
- A Certificate of Completion issued by Miami Dade College
- Access to Financial Investment Opportunities
- Access to New Contracting Opportunities
- Access to New Local and International resources for Business Growth
- Ongoing, No-Cost Technical Assistance from the MBDA Business Center Team
- Potential Matchmaking Opportunities with Business Growth Professionals and Mentors
The online Fall term will begin soon. Classes will be held virtually on September 28, October 5, and October 12th between the hours of 6 – 9 p.m. Limited seating is available; and full scholarships are provided to the business owners who meet the criteria for eligibility. To register, click on the link below:
M. Gill & Associates, Inc. operates the MBDA Export Center – Florida, the MBDA Business Center, Florida, and is a CARES Act Grantee that is operating the MBDA CARES Act Relief Program to help in the COVID-19 Recovery process for small and minority firms throughout the state. All these MBDA Programs are funded by the U.S. Department of Commerce, Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA). All MBDA-funded programs provide business development and growth services to help minority business enterprises build scale and capacity, increase revenues, create jobs, and expand into new and global markets.
For more information on M. Gill & Associates, Inc., call 305-576-7888 or visit www.mgillonline.com.
# # #