(Black PR Wire) As part of Florida Power & Light Company’s (FPL) commitment to STEM education, the NextEra Energy Foundation awarded five schools in Florida each a $50,000 Classroom Makeover Grant to improve technology, equipment and resources for the next generation of innovators.
The five schools that received the grant for the 2022-23 school year are:
- Dillard High School in Ft. Lauderdale
- Gifford Middle School in Vero Beach
- Lake Shore Middle School in Belle Glade
- Lakewood Elementary School in Fort Pierce, and
- Lauderdale Lakes Middle School in Lauderdale Lakes
FPL’s Classroom Makeover Grants help provide transformational learning opportunities for diverse students and expose them to science, technology, engineering and math learning.
The grant program will re-open later this year and is open to all grade levels at public, private and charter schools.
# # #