James C. Jones
Deadline to apply is June 2, 2017
(Black PR Wire) NEW YORK, NY -- We are excited to announce the second of three 2017 NAMIC Leadership seminars, is scheduled to take place July 12 – 14, 2017 in Philadelphia, PA. This highly interactive three-day learning experience has been designed to meet the career strategy needs of all eligible professionals in the media and entertainment industry.
Since 2005, the National Association for Multi-Ethnicity In Communications (NAMIC) Leadership Seminar has assembled top academics and practitioners from across the country to provide a leadership development experience for professionals still in the comparatively early stages of their careers. The program was created to increase participants’ effectiveness at work, to provide them with the important insights and tools for strategic career planning, and to transform high-potential middle managers into effective leaders.
The Leadership Seminar curriculum reflects today’s constantly changing industry landscape, and the professional opportunities (and challenges) that accompany this flux. The highly-interactive instructional methodology sets the stage for professionals to obtain the knowledge, competencies, and diverse perspectives necessary for maximum performance and career enhancement. All talented coordinators, supervisors, managers, and new directors (less than two years at that level) from across the cable telecommunication industry’s multicultural spectrum are invited to apply.
Dates & Locations:
April 10-12, 2017: Los Angeles, CA
July 12-14, 2017: Philadelphia, PA
October 25-27, 2017: Dallas, TX
Continuous learning and leadership development are important for all professionals, but especially for those in the earlier stages of their career development. The NAMIC Leadership Seminar curriculum draws upon the most respected academic research about what it takes to develop into effective leaders in organizations where a high premium is placed on Diversity and Inclusion as a strategic business imperative. The faculty–subject matter experts, authors, and lecturers from prestigious academic institutions–will lead robust conversations and exercises to help participants accomplish the following:
- Explore professional strengths and performance-related developmental gaps
- Chart a course for enhancing individual leadership potential
- Master techniques for giving and receiving motivating feedback
- Become familiar with the tools for effective problem solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making in a diverse environment
- Understand and practice the skills involved in managing UP
- Appreciate the notion of Diversity and Inclusion as a core organizational value, not just a human resources-driven tactic
- Create a career management template
The program is designed to help participants maximize strengths, fill in development gaps, raise the bar on performance in current roles, and plan courageously AND STRATEGICALLY for continuous growth and advancement.
The Leadership Seminar is offered in industry markets throughout the country. A maximum of 40 applicants are selected for each session.
• Manager, supervisor, coordinator, or new (less than 2 years) director
• A strong performer
• Motivated to succeed and aspiring to higher positions with increasing visibility and responsibility
• Endorsed by his/her company to participate in the NAMIC Leadership Seminar
Forty (40) participants are selected for each session. Tuition for the NAMIC Leadership Seminar is $4,000 per participant and includes books, materials, and meals (breakfast, lunch, and breaks). Expenses related to travel, lodging, and incidentals are the responsibility of the sponsoring organization. The Walter Kai
Application: Download: 2017 NAMIC Leadership Seminar – Philadelphia, PA Application
Deadline: June 2, 2017
# # #