For Immediate Release
November 21, 2022
Contact Information

Luisa Martinez, Sonshine Communications
(305) 948-8063

(BPRW) Phanord & Associates P.A. and partner agencies observe National Flossing Day

Set for Friday, November 25

(Black PR Wire) Miami, FL - After gathering around the table with family and friends for a hearty Thanksgiving meal, be sure to make it a point to celebrate – in addition to Black Friday – Flossing Day.

Flossing Day is celebrated on the fourth Friday in November (the Friday after Thanksgiving), which is November 25 this year. Its sole purpose is to stress the importance of flossing your teeth every day for excellent oral health.

Phanord & Associates, P.A., Sabal Palm Dental, P.A. and Caring Dental Services support this special observance and encourage everyone to join in for a healthier and happier smile.

"Flossing helps to prevent cavities and gum disease, and we should do it at least once a day," said Dr. Kevin Phanord. "Brushing alone only cleans 70% of your teeth; the remaining 30% is done by flossing," added  Dr. Kyle Phanord.

Drs. Phanord recommends following these steps for a flawless floss:   

  1. Break off about 18 inches of floss and wind most of it around one of your middle fingers.
  2. Hold the floss tightly between your thumbs and forefingers. Guide the floss between your teeth using a gentle rubbing motion.
  3. When the floss reaches the gum line, curve it into a C shape against one tooth.
  4. Hold the floss tightly against the tooth. Gently rub the side of the tooth, moving the floss away from the gum with up and down motions.
  5. Repeat this method on the rest of your teeth. Don't forget the back side of your last tooth.

Dr. Roger Phanord and his twin sons, Drs. Kevin and Kyle Phanord, are leading the practice of Phanord & Associates, P.A. and Sabal Palm Dental Associates, P.A., where they are "Changing Lives One Smile at a Time." The dental practices provide a wide range of general dentistry services to improve patient's oral health and well-being.

To schedule a dental exam, please call: Phanord & Associates, P.A. at  (305) 685-7863 or Sabal Palm Dental Associates P.A. at (305) 758-0815 or Caring Dental Services at Little Havana  (305) 325-1771 or Sunrise (954) 741-5006.

#  #  #