National Urban League
80 Pine Street, 9th Floor | New York, NY 10005
Through pro bono marketing, creative services and mentorship, Black+ is a long-term commitment to closing the racial wealth gap by supporting Black entrepreneurs
(Black PR Wire) Vice Media Group and The National Urban League announced the 12 winners for the inaugural class of Black+, their initiative dedicated to supporting
Black-owned businesses and closing the Black entrepreneurship gap. From pro bono marketing and creative services to mentorship and business consultation, Black+ will oﬀer assistance to 12 Black-owned businesses within the United States annually.
Through an application site that went live in February, Vice Media Group and The National Urban League have selected the following Black-owned businesses to take part in Black+. At a time when Black business owners have been disproportionately aﬀected by Covid-19, Vice Media Group and The National Urban League hope to make a longstanding impact by supporting and collaborating with these Black-owned businesses at this critical time.
The Winners (in alphabetical order):
- Anima Iris: Anima Iris is a modern brand that pulls inspiration and strength from the matriarchs of its Every piece in the Anima Iris collection is carefully handcrafted by seasoned professionals in Dakar, Senegal. With centuries old African craftsmanship at the tip of their ﬁngers, our artisans add a touch unrivaled in quality and attention to detail to create limited edition pieces.
- Black Owned Everything : Black Owned Everything is more than just a platform or marketplace. What started as an Instagram page has become a movement; a medium for creating meaningful and long-lasting participation between Black
business, community, and excellence. It is not ephemeral, trend-based, or short-lived.
- Cee Cee's Closet NYC: Cee Cee's Closet oﬀers beauty and heritage wrapped in Headwraps are a timeless expression of African culture and beauty - a bold and vibrant fashion statement for women of color. Cee Cee’s Closet’s headwraps were born out of a practical need to take better care of hair curls with protective yet fashionable headwear.
- Girls Vacation Club: Girls Vacation Club oﬀers pre-planned and custom girls trips with none of the hassle of
- Glory: Glory is a new kind of skincare brand powered by women of color and on a mission to help women of every hue make better choices about their skin
- Health In Her HUE : Health In Her HUE is a digital platform that connects Black women and women of color to culturally competent and sensitive healthcare providers, and oﬀers health information and content that centers their lived experiences.
- My Home Pathway: My Home Pathway is helping break ﬁnancial limitations through My Home Pathway provides a free-to-use app to help new and/or previously denied applicants make the necessary ﬁnancial risk proﬁle improvements that are required to get the home they ultimately want.
- On The Go Jo Coﬀee: On The Go Jo is passionate about providing high quality, handcrafted coﬀee, tea, and syrups that intrigue the senses and excite On The Go Jo has created a coﬀee line that empowers women throughout the supply chain. The beans are produced by women (women managed or owned coﬀee farms), roasted by women (only 15% of roasters are women in the US), and owned by black women.
- Perfect Blue Alchemy LLC: Perfect Blue Alchemy is handcrafted organic, vegan and natural perfumes, body products and home items made from organic essential oils and organic plant
- Planet FWD Moonshot: Moonshot is on a mission to create delicious, carbon neutral snacks that are good for you and the
- PUR Home: PUR Home is dedicated to creating natural and safe household cleaning products that can be used by anyone, giving special consideration to selecting ingredients that are plant-based, biodegradable, sulfate-free, and non-toxic.
- Soul Brew Kombucha: Soul Brew Kombucha is a refreshing and carbonated fermented beverage that is a healthy low-sugar alternative to soda and other sugary
For each of the 12 businesses chosen, Vice Media Group has committed to providing free advertising across its owned and operated websites including VICE, Reﬁnery29 and i-D. Vice Media Group and its creative agency, Virtue, will also consult with each business on creative services such as, but not limited to marketing material creation, branding, and social media. In addition, The National Urban League will provide mentorship and business
consulting services to each of the selected businesses, helping to give them tools and resources for continued success and growth. The bespoke campaigns for each business will run across Vice Media Group throughout 2021.
For additional information, learn more about Black+ here.
ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has oﬃces in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on ﬁve key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature ﬁlm and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody
award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 oﬃces around the world. VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Reﬁnery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; and i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine deﬁning fashion and contemporary culture.
ABOUT NATIONAL URBAN LEAGUE
The National Urban League is a historic civil rights organization dedicated to economic empowerment in order to elevate the standard of living in historically underserved urban communities. The National Urban League spearheads the eﬀorts of its 90 local aﬃliates through the development of programs, public policy research and advocacy, providing direct services that impact and improve the lives of more than 2 million people annually nationwide. Visit www.nul.org and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @NatUrbanLeague.